Wednesday, January 4, 2012


surprise!
I reached Ghana late Monday night and contact Martha first thing Tuesday morning.  She informed me she had already started training 10 women in her home!  She wanted to make sure that she could do at least a week or two of full day sessions before school reopens and she will resume her teaching responsibilities.  She will then move to afternoon sessions with the women.  I was amazed at her incredible passion for this ministry and anxiousness to do things properly.  She took me through the projects they had already been working on, showing me the batik fabrics, soap, and beads they had been working on.
She was using her own bedroom space to teach these women!  I keep thinking what an incredible blessing it is that I get to be a part of Martha's ministry to the women of Fetteh.  The joy in her eyes at her dream coming true is brilliant.  Its the kind of light that will inspire many women.

-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment